Lucky Mutz Pet Resort Is OPEN ! You CAN Board During COVID-19
You need to bring enough food for your pet`s stay. Please label all food bags and cans and treats. We love it when it`s in labeled baggies! You may bring a favorite toy, bone, blanket or bed. We want your pet to feel comfortable during their stay. Water/food bowls are supplied so you can leave those at home.
We are happy to give pills or drops to your pet. Please bring something to put the medication in, such as pill pockets, peanut butter, cream cheese or whatever they prefer. We want to make sure they will take their medication. ALL medication must be in original bottles and labeled correctly with the exact dosage needed. We do not accept pets with open wounds, stitches, cones, post surgery or females in season. We want the best for your pet and would prefer them to board with a veterinarian where they can receive proper care.
Should an unforeseen emergency happen, we make every attempt to contact you directly. If we aren`t successful, we will call your emergency contact or vet on file. Please make sure we have updated contacts at check in time. In the event it`s after-hours we will take your pet to Med Vet, an emergency clinic to ensure you pet receives the proper care.
Vaccines must be given at least two weeks before boarding. We only accept vaccines from a veterinarian. We cannot accept pets that are given vaccines from an individual or breeder.
We take pride in the care and safety of your pet while in our care and we know you feel safe trusting us to take great care of them during their stay. We have a few requirements that are NON-NEGOTIABLE before they arrive.
1. Puppies must be at least 3 mo. old, have Bordetella, and second series of DHLPP.
2 .Dogs must be current on all vaccinations including Rabies, Bordetella, and DHLPP. Cats must be current on the complete feline series AND Leukemia.
3. Must be flea free and on preventative
In the event we notice the dog has fleas, we will administer a Capstar for a 10.00 fee followed by a Flea Bath. Charges for the bath will be depending on the size and breed of the dog.
*We check all incoming guests for fleas before check-in. If we find evidence of fleas at check-in or at any time during their stay, pets will be given a Capstar for 10.00 flea bath for a charge ranging from $20.00 to $40.00.
4. There is NO CHARGE for administering medication during your pets stay.
5. NO CHARGE FOR A.M. DEPARTURES: Please note that there is a charge for the day of arrival - however there is no charge for the day of departure if your pet checks-out in the morning by noon.
6. METHOD OF PAYMENT: Payment must be made with cash or check or credit card when arriving to pick up your pet.
*RETURNED CHECK FEE: There is a $25 fee for all returned checks.
7. Stays of 30 days or longer will be paid at time of the drop off. Baths are included for free with a monthly stay! Enjoy a 20% discount for monthly stays.
8. Rates, requirements and policies are generally updated each year but are subject to change without notice.
9. All dogs must be leashed at ALL TIMES when on our premises
10. Fisrt time clients are required to have a credit card on file. After they complete the visit and check out, the card will be taken off.
*Bordetella (kennel cough) required yearly
*Rabies ( either 1 or 3 year is accepted)
*Distemper or Distemper combo shots such as DHPP or DHLPP (either 1 or 3 year accepted)
We require that they have their second series of vaccines as well as a Bordetella vaccine before boarding.
There are three ways of administering Bordetella. Internasal (in the nose), a shot, and orally (the mouth). NOTE: If your dog arrives sooner than 10 days after receiving the vaccine we request the oral vaccine, which is most effective.
Distemper may appear on your records as just that, or in a combo shot such as DHPP or DHLPP. These shots cover canine distemper, hepatitis, lepto, parainfluenza and parvovirus
The canine flu and bordetella (kennel cough) vaccines may reduce the severity of the illness and may reduce it but may not eliminate the possibility of a dog catching them. With both illnesses, dogs are contagious for two or three days before showing any symptoms so detection or contagious dogs prior to arrival cannot be assured
1 or 3 yr is accepted
1 or 3 yr is accepted